2020 is a new year, a new decade, and a new opportunity for brands to make an impact in their markets. We’ve seen the world of video for brands, storytelling, and marketing shift in the past few years, and we’re excited to see where it’ll go over the next few years. We’ve outlined a few trends we think will continue to gain prevalence over the next year and beyond.
- Video for mobile. Mobile video ad spending will continue to grow into 2020, and because of that, marketers will continue to focus on vertically-oriented video when they are developing content. As you produce new videos to distribute across your digital and social channels, keep vertical formats in mind.
- User-generated content. Let your customers, consumers, and audience sit in the director’s chair, and allow them to participate in the content creation process. Think of new ways to incorporate the messages they want to share, the stories they want to tell about your products, and the ways they’ll advocate for your brand. Participatory experiences in consumer marketing will grow as competition will grow more fierce.
- Short video will get even shorter. We have less time than ever to break through to our customers. Attention spans are growing shorter, advertising is getting more competitive, and the need to be concise, impactful, and leave a lasting impression is greater than ever.
- Video will continue to dominate story content. Across social platforms, story-based content is weighing more heavily than feeds. Marketers will need to integrate their content amidst users’ social content in ways that are more innovative, unintrusive, and relevant than ever before.
- The (continued) rise of personalized video. Digital consumers are expecting their online experiences to be customized and personalized. Segmented marketing, personalized videos, and brand-to-customer direct messaging will grow in the coming years.
Rock Shore’s team continues to track the newest trends in the market and the creative world to deliver ideas for impactful video production and content for our clients. From short-form video for social, to long, documentary-style storytelling content, we’re dedicated to bringing not just exemplary video production services, but also helping to align your content with your marketing strategy.